- 1. MY ATTITUDE – AS I BEGIN A TASK – WILL AFFECT ITS OUTCOME MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE
As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is. (Proverbs 23:7)
- 2. MY ATTITUDE CAN TURN PROBLEMS INTO BLESSINGS
- Awareness: We have a problem.
- Evaluation: What went wrong?
- Choice: This is where attitude steps in!
- 3. MY ATTITUDE IS MY BEST FRIEND OR WORST ENEMY
The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks. (Luke 6: 45)
Attitudes create momentum- positive or negative. You need to know this!
- 4. MY ATTITUDE WILL CHANGE WHEN I CHOOSE TO CHANGE IT
We cannot tailor-make the situations of our life, but we can tailor-make the responses and attitudes to fit them before they arrive. Here is how to tailor-make your attitude:
- It is not what happens to you, but what happens in you that matters the most.
- Stop blaming something or someone else for your attitude.
- Evaluate your present attitudes.
- Recognize that faith is stronger than fear.
- Request God to fill you with His Holy Spirit.
- Spend time with the right people.
- Consume the truth. Soak yourself in the Scriptures!
- 5. MY ATTITUDE NEEDS CONTINUAL ADJUSTMENT.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things. (Philippians 4:8)
- 6. My attitude is CONTAGIOUS!
(!) Make sure you check your attitude constantly- weighing it against the Word of God and making sure it remains in line with it. With life and its busyness, we easily forget to screen and purge our mind from filth. What does the Word say? Regardless of the condition or situation you find yourself in, make sure your attitude reflects exactly what you stand for. Your attitude must reflect YOU. It will speak louder and more clearer of your person, than any other message could. You might not be able to control outside forces or influences, but you sure can control how to react to and act in them. Let the peace of God guard and guide you. Start by checking your attitude. It all starts and is concluded in the mind.