It’s been such an awfully long time since I blogged last, and I’ve missed it sincerely. I really don’t have much time to write.. but I am in Lagos now and am somewhat already quite liking it! 😀
Although it hasn’t been a week, I (want to) believe I have settled in well and will (with time) fully adjust.
It’s been quite the adventure really. I have..
- stood on the road-side waiting for a taxi, looking like an “ashewo 10 kobo” (according to Tomatoe)
- hushed away those who sought to kidnap me!!!!
- had lunch at an eatery and consequently developed a running stomach *side-eye*
- eaten at wonderful Italian and Mexican places
- met up with some friends/acquaintances
- been to my favourite markets again (Jakande and Balogun)
- “onned” the generator by myself!!! I have no witnesses, but I sha know God saw it and smiled *dancing*
- “crashed” a wedding at City Hall
- bought a book in traffic (Chinua Achebe’s latest on Biafra)
- been toasted by someone who’s apparently into oil & gas *rolling my eysesss*
- spent lots of time with a my one and only”dearest of all”-friends *kisses and hugs and everything related*
and, of course..
- I’ve started work!!
And yes, all that in less than a week! *dancing* So you see, I’ve not come to Lagos to dull! 😀
Anyway, this is just a brief update. I hope to be writing again on a more regular basis. I’m yet to sort out internet at home.
If you see me on the streets looking holy and hawt, hallatcha guuuuuuuuuuuurl!!